2019 Tax Season Is Here
Let’s get your taxes started
You can count on our experienced tax professionals to help maximize your deductions and take care of your taxes—no matter how complex or involved. Schedule a call to find out how easy it is to work with us.
Key Dates And Deadlines:
- JAN 31: Send 1099’s to Contractors. Send W2’s to Employees. 1099-MISC for nonemployee compensation must also be e-filed to IRS on this date.
- JAN 31: File Form 8809 for a 30-day extension to file W2’s and 1099-MISC for nonemployee compensation.
- JAN 31: Send 1095-B and 1095-C forms to Employees.
- JAN 31: File annual FUTA return on Form 940 .
- FEB 28: IRS ACA Compliance 1094-B , 1095-B , 1094-C and 1095-C filings are due (if paper-filing, due APR 1 if eFiling). File Form 8809 for a 30-day extension.
- MAR 2: Annual City of Los Angeles Business License Renewal filing due. Payment due on Gross Receipts.
- MAR 2: Delaware Annual Franchise Report filing due: Pay a min. of $400.
- MAR 2: IRS 30-day automatic extension: provide Form 1095-B and Form 1095-C to Employees.
- MAR 16: S Corp Form 1120-S and Partnership Form 1065 Tax Returns due. Can extend to SEP 15.
- APR 1: IRS ACA Compliance 1094-B , 1095-B , 1094-C and 1095-C filings are due (eFile).
- APR 1: 1099’s and W2’s must be e-filed with the IRS by this due date.
- APR 1: 571-L Business Property Tax filing due. Initial deadline.
- MAY 7: 571-L Business Property Tax due. Final date to avoid 10% penalty.
- APR 15 JUL 15: C Corp Form 1120 Tax Return due. Can extend to OCT 15.
- APR 15 JUL 15: Individual Form 1040 Tax Return due. Can extend to OCT 15.
- APR 15 JUL 15: Deadline to file the CA Franchise Tax for CA LLCs and Corps. Pay min of $800.
- JUL 1: Annual City of Santa Monica Business License Renewal filing due. A 60-day grace period before penalties are assessed is provided. Payment due on Gross Receipts.
- AUG 31: Last day to file the Annual City of Santa Monica Business License Renewal before penalties are assessed.
- SEP 1: Delaware Quarterly Estimated Franchise Tax, Pay 20% of estimated annual amount (if annual amount expected to exceed $5,000)
- SEP 15: S Corp Form 1120-S and Partnership Form 1065 Tax Returns final due date if extension was filed.
- OCT 15: C Corp Form 1120 Tax Return final due date if extension was filed.
“An exceptionally bright tax firm with a true commitment to helping business owners like me actually understand the logic behind certain tax strategies and bookkeeping methods. I highly recommend them to other business owners looking for accountants who are smart, tech-savvy, and still personable.”
“This is the tax firm of the future. With accountants that understand and utilize technology, the finance side of my business is streamlined and easy to maintain. Their team is detail-oriented, smart, thoughtful, resourceful, and they get it done.”
“I needed guidance on how to setup a corporation and run my new startup, so I contacted them for guidance. They helped me setup an S corporation, manage my bookkeeping and payroll, and make sure my taxes are filed properly and on time. I’ve been extremely satisfied with my experience every step of the way.”
We're always a phone call or email away if you have any questions or concerns.
We've compiled the following frequently asked questions to address some of the most commonly asked questions. If your questions are not addressed here, contact us and we'll get back to you with answers.
We feel that our company has paid too much in taxes over the years. Are there any tricks to reducing our tax burden?
Can you help us determine the best structure for our company?
What do I need to get started?
What kinds of information do you need to service my account?
How do I know that our company information will be kept confidential?
Is it possible for me to just mail copies of my records?
Our Senior Management Team
Alan Mehdiani, CPA
Founder & CEO
Alan founded Mehdiani Financial Management realizing that there is a need for tax and accounting professionals with the tech-savvy to keep up with today’s entrepreneur. Technology has changed the industry on many levels, allowing for increased time efficiencies and access to more business data than ever before. Most local accounting firms have not been able to keep up with the changes, passing these inefficiencies to their clients. That is where Mehdiani Financial Management stands out and how we are looking to become the leader in the industry. We have the ability to become your full back office solution without ever stepping foot into your physical office. With simple tools like email and newer technologies like online banking and cloud software, we are able to manage your back-office tasks efficiently and accurately, with minimal input from you and your staff.
Alan understands entrepreneurs because he is an entrepreneur. With his background and specialized knowledge, he excels in his passion for helping businesses. He earned his degree in Business Economics and Accounting from UCLA and began his accounting career with Grant Thornton LLP, the 5th largest accounting firm in the world. Alan is a licensed CPA (Certified Public Accountant), registered with the California Board of Accountancy, a member of the AICPA and a member of the CalCPA. As a CPA, he is required to complete 40 hours of continuing education annually, which ensures he is up-to-date with the most current tax and accounting practices.
As the lead Senior Accountant at Mehdiani Financial Management, Herber Palacios manages every aspect of our clients’ needs. Having an extensive tax background, he is able to analyze and identify tax savings opportunities, and assist with planning and execution. He enjoys interacting with clients and finds their satisfaction a personal accomplishment.
Herber has been in the tax preparation industry for over 10 years. He has a passion for helping others and overcoming professional and personal challenges. He excels at working with small to medium-sized businesses in a variety of facets, including maximizing tax savings and developing proper structures and strategies to achieve their specific goals.
Send us a message so we can connect. You can also call us at (310) 800-1472.
Beverly Hills Office:
9025 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 301
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
16030 Ventura Blvd, Suite 490
Encino, CA 91436
Phone: (310) 800-1472
eFax: (310) 496-2565